Saturday, September 15, 2007

Enter The Wilderness

Up until now, I've never had a personal blog. I think they're a great idea, but I've always been too busy working on other sites and implementing new ideas to take time out to write about my opinions and ideas.

After seeing ShoeMoney talk about BlogRush today, I was inspired to quickly set up a blog and join the rush. I think BlogRush is an awesome idea, not necessarily a new idea, but it's implementation looks great! I want to become a part of it, but how could I without a blog?

Why have I set this up on Wordpress.com? Well, for starters - of all the domain names I own, none of them really suited the topics I want this blog to contain, namely: online marketing and making money online, music and my personal musings about anything and everything. All the domains I own are targeted at specific niches.

Secondly, this is going to be a case study for me. I want to take a free hosted blog, generate traffic, readers and income. Enough to take it from a freely hosted site, to it's own domain. I realise that if the blog has any level of success, someone will probably snake me and purchase the ideal domain name, but I'm willing to take the risk. I'll find a work around - an opportunist taking the domain name I start the blog with is the least of my concerns at the moment.

So, that's it. It starts here. Time to go work on a game plan ;)

No comments: